Peacock Bedroom Revamp…
Back in April we got an entire bedroom set from R & J Woodgoods in Harmony, MN. The set is beautiful, all handmade Amish furniture—four-poster bed, free-standing mirror, a drawer chest, the works. However, we’ve been waiting a few extra weeks for our second nightstand, so our bedroom has seemed a bit incomplete and it has been driving me nuts.
I’ve heard that our missing piece will be arriving soon, and so I’ve decided to get started on our full revamp. I’m going with a vintage peacock theme. I hope to incorporate more subdued and neutral hues versus the sometimes bright palette you see associated with Peacocks. I’m starting tonight, so look for a post upon completion within (hopefully) the next month!
This image board is a little…questionable, since I am using some of the things we already have and also DIY’ing a few of the projects, but…here’s my inspiration so far…
1. Decoupage Wall Hooks from Pier1 (We actually got one as a wedding gift, but I found a second one at a local Pier 1!)
2. I’m using this artwork from Art & Philanthropy on Etsy to make my own peacock artwork using a large canvas (painted gold) and a book of vintage wallpapers.
3. My mom found us an amazing thrifted peacock statue! It is definitely becoming the room’s focal point.
4. These peacock pillows are currently on sale at Pier1! I am hoping they will give our current bedding a peacok twist without having to replace any of it (*crosses fingers*).
6. I’m on the hunt for a couple of similar lamps with a more cream/beige shade and friendlier price-tag.
7. Again my mom came to the rescue and found us a set of thrifted peacock bookends! (similar, here)
8. My project for the main artwork in the room will include vintage wallpapers with patterns similar to these.