Consider this your warning: Spring has sprung (as far as this blog is concerned). I figured there is no time like a 9 degree day to start creating warm weather inspiration.
ASOS Pale Pink Skinny Jean ($34.30), ASOS G-Star Denim Shirt ($96.75), H & M Floral Scarf ($7.94), HarLex Pouch Bag ($253.00), Merona Mabli Moccasin Loafers ($24.99), Eugenia Kim Darcy Fedora ($72.00), Linda Farrow Luxe Sunglasses ($573.00), Laura Mercier Nail Lacquer En Pointe ($18.00), Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte in Nude Beige ($34.00).
I hope you’re picking up on my theme here. The theme is yoga pants. And I might be living in them currently. We’re busy packing in anticipation of our move into our new house (12 more days!) and the fact that I spend all of my afternoons and evenings with packing tape and a sharpie marker does not motivate me to put much effort into my attire.
Lysse Opaque Leggings ($34.80), Hollister Pacific Flannel Shirt ($24.90), Steven Intyce Boots ($129.95), Noa Noa Over the Knee Socks ($67.00), Armani Exchange Pendant Necklace ($38.00), Avenue 32 Black Merino Cowl ($235.00), J.Crew Whittier PUrse in Collegiate Green ($108.00), N. Peal Cashmere Beanie ($45.00), RGB Nail Color in Sea ($16.000), Bare Escentuals Ready Blush in The Feux Pas ($22.00), Bare Escentuals READY Palette in The A List ($30.00), Bare Escentuals Remix Trend Loud & Clear Lip Sheer in Berry ($15.00).
I’m re-posting this info from Lauren at La Petite Fashionista—-I totally agree and am so excited to see that a Midwest Blogger Meet-Up could be in the works! So, if you are a Midwest blogger or want to be a Midwest blogger reach out and connect. Happy Monday!
From Lauren @ La Petite Fashionista
You know the old saying “Casual grays, for casual days”? That’s right. You don’t. Because I made it up on the fly. But this weekend I am going to be super casual. I’m scared of the flu that seems to be invading everyone’s immune system, so I’m locking myself indoors with multiple projects and a bottle of wine (and probably a similar ensemble). See you on Monday, civilization (or in the spring, if I can manage to swing that).
TOPSHOP Flick Oversized top ($36.00), TOPSHOP Moto Forest Leigh Jean ($76.00), TOPSHOP Jellly Stud iPhone Case ($19.00), TOPSHOP Push Lock Cross Body Bag ($70.00), TOPSHOP Skater Rib Beanie ($20.00), TOPSHOP Lips in Fawn ($18.00), TOPSHOP Vectra5 Gold Studded Slippers ($56.00).
I would have included Hungry for Change on yesterday’s post (My most Memorable purchases of 2012) but I actually read this in a couple of hours during the holiday, so it kind of felt like cheating. While picking up this book was definitely one of the best choices I made in 2012, I didn’t start to implement all this book taught me until the New Year rolled over.
I loved it so much that I overnight-ed several copies so I could give them to friends & family for Christmas. It isn’t a diet book, and it’s not about losing weight. It’s about why what we eat is killing us and how to fix it. If you want a wake up call in the health department, pick up this book and get reading! I literally read it with my jaw dropped a highlighter in hand.
And if you’re lazy (or busy?), the documentary is on Netflix Instant.
Another fabulous year in the books and that means it’s time for my roundup of 2012 Favorites! This is more than just my favorite shoes or my favorite nail color—these are items that had an impact on my year and hopefully a long-lasting impact on my life! So, here it goes.
1. Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy ($25.00)- I’ll be honest, I’m a chapstick-a-holic and for the past five years my top choice has been First Base Balm by Bare Escentuals ($8.00) but in 2012 Fresh Sugar rolled right on past them and has become my absolute favorite. I feel like my quest for the greatest chapstick has finally come to an end.
2. BaubleBar (assorted prices)- Their quality is high and their prices are low—plus their website is a jewelry lovers dream and nothing really beats having their fancy little packages of baubles show up on your doorstep. I think this Azure Rose Bib will have to be my first purchase of 2013.
3. Kate Spade Lacey Wallet ($124.00)- I took advantage of Kate’s annual sale and purchased my first ‘big girl’ wallet. The wallet was a fabulous purchase, obviously, but more than that I took more responsibility for my finances in 2012—learning to budget, be smarter about purchases and save—which has resulted in a new home, more security, and a few vacations for 2013.
4. Shakeology ($119.00 for 30 shakes)- Recently I joined a Shakeology Challenge group and replaced one meal per day with Shakeology. I love this stuff! I lost 5 pounds during the 30-day challenge, but more importantly I felt healthier and had more energy! I’m planning to keep my daily shake incorporated into my routine in 2013 and have other big plans for my health & wellness. If you haven’t tried Shakeology but are looking for a healthy supplement, give it a try! Some people look at it as a diet shake—-I look at it as an 8 ounce chocolate shake that is packed with over 70 natural ingredients!
5. bareMinerals Active Cell Renewal Night Serum ($50.00)- I’ve been a fan of the entire bareMinerals skincare line for 5+ years and was ecstatic when they introduced a serum earlier this year. Within a few months I was hooked!
6. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand ($18.00)- I read a lot of great books in 2012, but Unbroken definitely stands out. It’s one of those books that you finish reading and instantly know you will never forget it. If you’re looking for an inspirational read for the new year or your upcoming spring break trip, pick it up!
There are approximately 13 days left until we bust open the bubbly and ring in the new year—and oh what a year it will be! If it’s even half as amazing and adventurous as the past few I won’t be left with any complaints! On the chance that you also have a BIG year planned I am offering 15% off my daily page notepad to help you keep all of those fabulous goals & ideas in one place! The notepad really caters to everyone—-from the complete OCD gal (like myself) to lovely little Miss all-over-the-place—-it prioritizes your days while also tracking hydration and meals. So, hop on over to the shop and grab some organization for yourself or a friend in need (we all have at least one)—the discount lasts until January first (use promo code OrganizeIt2013 in my Etsy Shop. Discount is good on all items in shop. Order before Thursday December 20th to guarantee delivery before Christmas!)
If my rambling thoughts (and bad handwriting) aren’t proof enough, you can hop over to some of my favorite blogs to see what the gorgeous ladies behind them had to say about the Daily Page Notepad. Laura from Beauty and the Beard, Alicia from Alicia Fashionista and Landi from Freckled Confessions!
Let’s make 2013 fabulous! x.
Between the holidays and buying our first home (<—- eek!) I have been running all over town the past two weeks with no sign of slowing in the near future. Some of the only things keeping me sane are red lipstick, polka-dots, comfortable boots and this (which I had to print and hang up).
Dorothy Perkins Fit & Flare Coat ($55.00), Dorothy Perkins Leggings ($21.00), Steve Madden Intyce Boots ($129.95), Coach Braided Cable Pom Hat ($168.00), Hollister Co. So Cal Scarf ($25.50), Kate Spade Normandy Park Dot Bag ($189.00), Marc Jacobs Stud Earrings ($42.00), NARS Semi-Matte Lipstick – Heat Wave ($24.00), Butter London Winter Collection in Jack the Lad ($14.00).
Pantone’s choice for 2013 Color of the year was just announced, and the winner is…Emerald! Personally, I’m ecstatic about the choice. It’s so universal—looks great on practically anyone and flows through each season effortlessly. I felt like last year’s pick, Tangerine Tango, was hard for some people to pull off and was much more fun to wear in the Spring & Summer.
Vert-ing with the Idea Dress by Modcloth ($164.99), BaubleBar Emerald Gardner Bib ($62.00), Michael Kors Cocktail Party Emerald Studs ($65.00), Cole Haan Crosby Pouch ($68.00), RGB Nail Polish in Sea ($16.00), NARS Eyeshadow Compact in Misfit ($34.00), Pantone Emerald Swatch, Mia Seduce Pump ($60.00).